Selby Community Primary School is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all children in school and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board procedures.
The school will, in most circumstances, endeavour to discuss all concerns with parents about their child/ren. However, there may be exceptional circumstances when the school will discuss concerns with Social Care and/or the Police without parental knowledge (in accordance with Child Protection procedures). The school will, of course, always aim to maintain a positive relationship with all parents.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.
Our Designated Senior Person for Child Protection is
Mrs Anna Chamberlain
and the persons who deputise in her absence are
Mrs Becky Railton, Mr Ian Clennan
Useful Websites for Parents
- The PANTS / Underwear rule – guidance for parents on how to talk to your child about keeping themselves safe from sexual abuse
- BBC Webwise – Safety and Privacy
- CEOP’s Thinkuknow
- Childnet International
- Internet Matters
- Net Aware – Parents review kids’ social networks, apps and games
- Minecraft – Staying safe on Minecraft
- Parent info from CEOP and Parent zone
- Anti- bullying Alliance
- The internet Watch Foundation
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- UK Safer Internet Centre – Parent controls – Parental Controls offered by your home internet provide